A sonic visitcostes live
Enter the hotel through the sound gallery, punctuated by temporary sound installations, the dark wood reflected in the carefully lit mirrors, and the scented passage brings you in, away from the streets of bustling Paris.
Once inside, the Costes music selection animates the days and nights at the hotel, and streams 24/7 on the website. A distinctive experience of time, sound and music adapted to each moment of the day, mixing contemporary and vintage music treasures, curated by the Studio HC in collaboration with Malik Alary and Mathieu Massadian of Watch Your Music since September 2017.
Costes on Apple Music
The Costes Music Selection December 2019
Join the 'Hôtel Costes' music channel on Apple Music. A monthly selection of 15 tracks reflecting a day in the life of the hotel, mixing contemporary and vintage music treasures.
1. I'd Like You For Christmas – Julie London
2. Grand large – Midiminuit
3. Tes Mots Sur Tes Silences – Steve Shehan
4. Dialogue 7 (feat. Chloë Sevigny, Bill Murray, Adam Driver) – SQÜRL
5. Stepping out of My Dream – Flanger
6. Nin-com-pop (T.leboeg Mix / Compilation Edit) – Lali Puna
7. Sunset (Amber Navran Remix) – Ashley Chanel
8. Way Chill (feat. Def Sound) – Bella Boo
9. By the Light of the Pyramids – Elite Beat
10. Another Story – Galcher Lustwerk
11. One Night Samba – Tim Love Lee
12. Just Off Wave (feat. Separated At Birth) – CZ Wang & Neo Image
13. Belief And Experience (feat. Donna Lea) – Leif
14. Silicon Valley – Elecktroids
15. BaBampeleChangaBeats – Masomenos
16. I'm At That Party Right Now – Vito Ricci
The live setsthe Dj's
In our nocturnal ballet, the DJs are our conductors. An eclectic list from nine to midnight, every night.
hôtel costes et costes présente …compilations & albums
June 2019 marks the beginning of a series of albums and EP’s recorded at Studio HC in the confines of the hotel, inaugurating the scheduled releases is ’12 Days A Week’, a new album from the duo behind the project, Masomenos.
After more than fifteen volumes of Hôtel Costes compilation series, selected and mixed by Stephane Pompougnac, there remained a huge demand to deliver new releases.
The hotel chose instead to grow its musical presence over streaming platforms, accepting an invitation to become a curator for Apple music, where they release monthly playlists curated by the Studio HC team in collaboration with Watch Your Music.
During this time and a planned expansion of the hotel, a music production studio was introduced, hidden in the maze of the soon to be bigger Costes. STUDIO HC is run by the Masomenos team who have a long history of collaboration with the hotel in various forms and over the past two years have invited and worked with both classical and jazz musicians, Masomenos merged into different entities to become merely conductors, unearthing a wide array of different bands, and creating an intriguing yet warm, acoustic and electronic, downtempo/ambient sound for STUDIO HC.
COMPILATIONS HôTEL COSTES
Shortly after the opening of the hotel Costes, Jean-Louis Costes suggests to Stephane Pompougnac, waiter at Café Costes, to start mixing at the hôtel.
Stephane Pompougnac composed the electro lounge hotel Costes' compilations.
Coffret Hôtel Costes
ALBUMS COSTES PRESENTE …
The new line " costes présente …" has been launched since 2007, with a psychedelic and electronic identity and selection.